About This Site
This website runs on Softstark, my custom-built CMS which I wrote in PHP using lots of OOP. I started on the original implementation in December ‘07. The last major redesign was in spring 2010, but there have been numerous updates since. The current theme uses HTML5 and CSS3, standards-compliant to the best of my knowledge.
These are some guidelines I like to abide by:
- The server-side logic should be flexible & expandable.
- The code should be easy for any web developer to read.
- Usability & intuitiveness are critical.
- Less is often more—avoid unnecessary clutter.
- Use CSS styling in place of images whenever possible.
- Avoid CSS hacks—use IE conditionals instead.
Giving credit where credit is due: